Madeleine Ward, MD
Undergraduate: Georgetown University
Medical School: Georgetown University (AOA)
Madeleine grew up in Atlanta, Georgia. After graduating valedictorian from high school, Madeleine ventured north to spend her days on the hilltop of Georgetown, where she majored in biochemistry and minored in art history. Knowing her passion for medicine and her love for Georgetown, she chose to apply to the early assurance program for medical school and was accepted at age 20. As she transitioned to a new chapter in her Georgetown adventures at medical school, Madeleine decided to explore the intersection between art and medicine. She created a research project to look at how art education at the National Gallery of Art in DC can improve medical students’ communication skills. She hopes to continue learning more about arts and medicine at Brown.
The Med-Peds Program at Brown stood out among the rest because of the people. She absolutely loved everyone she met and felt extremely welcomed. She also appreciated the reputation of excellent clinical training in both internal medicine and pediatrics. As an added bonus, Madeleine also realized the incredible extent of art and dance at Brown and in the surrounding community. At this time, Madeleine is currently undecided on her career path, but is interested in the Clinical Educator Track and potentially a dual adult/pediatric fellowship. She is excited to live in Providence and explore all the amazing food.
In her free time, Madeleine enjoys crafting, board games, dancing, cooking, and outdoor activities.
- Founded the Arts & Medicine track, a 2-year curriculum designed to explore the intersection of creativity and medicine
- Participant in the Clinician Educator Track
- Received an 2022 ACGME Back to Bedside grant
- Recognized in the NMPRA 2021 Summer Perspective for her residency program initiative entitled “Art Relay”, a novel arts-based curriculum to improve residency communication skills
- Selected by peers as 2022-23 class representative for the PGY3 Internal Medicine residency class