Chelsea Boyd, MD
Undergraduate: Brown University
Medical School: Brown University
Chelsea hails from Randolph, New Jersey. She attended college at Brown University where she studied neuroscience. During this time, she worked as an EMT and conducted research on the neurometabolic effects of psychostimulant drugs. Before returning to Brown for medical school, she moved to Boston to work in pharmaceutical consulting. Upon returning for medical school, her research focused on the identification of emergent large vessel occlusions in suspected stroke. Chelsea was thrilled to stay at Brown for her training in Internal Medicine & Pediatrics.
In her spare time, Chelsea enjoys Crossfit, playing squash, and retail therapy. She is an aspiring unicyclist.
- Participant in the Clinician Educator Track
- Presented an abstract entitled “Implementation of a Critical Care Point-Of-Care Ultrasound Curriculum for Pediatric Residents at Hasbro Children’s Hospital” at Brown’s Department of Pediatrics 2022 Celebration of Scholarship
- Inducted into the Alpert Medical School’s Chapter of Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society in 2022
- 2022 Positive Champion of the Learning Environment
- 2020 Dean’s Excellence in Teaching Award
- Published an article entitled “Updates on the Management of Cystic Fibrosis: Development of Modulators and Advancement of Antibiotic Therapies” in the Rhode Island Medical Journal
- Published a case report entitled “Pulmonary mucormycosis with dissemination: A Case of unrelenting fever and chest pain” in Annals of Internal Medicine Clinical Cases
Post-residency plans: Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine