Anu Goel, MD
Undergraduate: Washington University in St. Louis
Medical School: Weill Cornell Medicine
Anu graduated Summa cum laude from Washington University in St. Louis with a degree in Neuroscience and minors in Spanish and Music. He attended medical school at Cornell, where he was very involved in the arts and humanities. He led both WCM’s Music and Medicine initiative and the Journal of Humanities, and performed with many groups throughout NYC. His research interests were in the use of complementary and integrative medicine in palliative care. Anu is also interested in medical education, having spent time in medical school working on curriculum development and receiving a certificate in effective clinical teaching.
In his spare time, Anu enjoys performing music (#DocsWhoRock on Twitter), comedy, cooking and baking, meditation, and board games.
- Participant in the Arts & Medicine Track and Research Track (BRIAR)
- Published an article entitled “Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in an adolescent following SARS-CoV-2 exposure despite three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine” in the Rhode Island Medical Journal
- Published an article entitled “Characteristics of provider-focused research on complementary and integrative medicine in palliative care: a scoping review” in the American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Published an article entitled “Do palliative care providers use complementary and integrative medicine? A nationwide survey” in the Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
- Selected by the American College of Rheumatology to participate in the Pediatric Rheumatology Residents Program at the ACR Convergence 2023 Annual Meeting