WELCOME TO THE
BROWN INTERNAL MEDICINE - PEDIATRICS
WELCOME from our program directors
Thank you for your interest in our Medicine-Pediatrics Residency program. Our program encompasses an amazing group of residents, a dedicated Med-Peds-trained faculty, and a continuity site that serves as a home to the residents and the program. We benefit from strong and balanced categorical programs in Internal Medicine and in Pediatrics with highly committed department chairs and exceptional teaching faculty in each discipline. Founded in 1995, the Brown Med-Peds program offers four positions per year through ERAS and is fully accredited by the ACGME, the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Pediatrics.
The program faculty and residents, the categorical departments, and the institution strive to offer an academically-oriented training program that prepares exceptional physicians capable of providing high quality individual care and improving the health status of populations. We seek residents who are compassionate, intellectually curious, and committed to developing excellent clinical skills in preparation for their future endeavors. The graduates of our program join an ever-growing national community of Med-Peds trained physician leaders and educators in the areas of primary care, subspecialty care spanning pediatric and adult conditions, health care transitions, global health, and public health. It’s thrilling to see the high caliber of medical students interested in joining this specialty, and we appreciate your interest in our program. Please use this website to learn more about the Medicine-Pediatrics Program at Lifespan/Brown University and contact us if you have additional questions or feedback.
Suzanne McLaughlin, MD MSc FAAP FACP
Sybil Cineas, MD FAAP FACP
Associate Program Director
Matthew Lorenz, MD FAAP FACP
Associate Program Director
Congratulations to our AMAZING incoming group of Brown Med-Peds Residents, the Class of 2027!!!
- Jevin Clark; Howard University College of Medicine
- Katherine Hobbs; Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Nora Jean-Baptiste; Morehouse School of Medicine
- Athena Manatis-Lornell; Rush University Medical College
Congratulations to our residents (and graduate) on their fellowship matches for 2023!!!
- Chelsea Boyd, PGY4: Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine
- Ashley Nguyen, PGY4: Allergy & Immunology Fellowship, Brown University
- Sean Sanker, MP Class of 2020: Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship, Boston Children’s Hospital
News for prospective Med-Peds applicants!
- Hear what Brown Med-Peds is all about by checking out our program podcast!
- Check us out on Twitter @brownmedpeds and on Instagram @medpedsatbrown!
- Check out what’s going on in Rhode Island this season!
2022-23 program shout-outs!
- Matthew Lorenz, MP Core Faculty, was elected as a Fellow of the American College of Physicians!
- Ashley Nguyen, PGY4, presented her abstract “The Spice of Life: A Dash of Danger” at the Eastern Food Allergy and Comorbidity Conference and published an article entitled “A Potpourri of Summer Allergic Environmental Disorders” in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology!
- Rebecca Raymond-Kolker, PGY2, and Madeleine Ward, PGY3, were selected by their peers as class representatives for the PGY2 and PGY3 Internal Medicine residency classes, respectively!
- Ashley Nguyen, PGY4, published an article entitled “It’s Never the Right Time to Say Goodbye… Until It Is: Transitioning from Pediatric to Adult Primary Care” in the Rhode Island Medical Journal!
- Julia Solomon, PGY4, presented her abstract “Too Cool for the Pool: A Case of Paroxysmal Cold Hemoglobinuria in a Young Adult” at the 2022 AAP Experience National Conference & Exhibition!
- Ashley Nguyen, PGY4, presented her abstract “Creating a penicillin oral provocation challenge at the only federally qualified health center in Providence, RI” at the New England Society of Allergy’s fall meeting!
- Chelsea Boyd, PGY4, and Burton Shen, MP Class of 2020, presented their abstract “Implementation of a Critical Care Point-Of-Care Ultrasound Curriculum for Pediatric Residents at Hasbro Children’s Hospital” at Brown’s Department of Pediatrics Celebration of Scholarship!
- Rebecca Raymond-Kolker, PGY2, produced new episodes on the Cribsiders podcast: Med Recs! Two Earfuls of Medication Safety and Facing the (Core) Fear! Pediatric Anxiety Pt 1: Live the Exposure Lifestyle!
- Anu Goel, PGY2, published 2 recent articles as first author: “Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in an adolescent following SARS-CoV-2 exposure despite three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine” in the Rhode Island Medical Journal, and “Characteristics of provider-focused research on complementary and integrative medicine in palliative care: a scoping review” in the American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine!
- Melinda Delaney, MP Core Faculty, is leading a randomized control trial on improving COVID-19 vaccine uptake in pediatric patients!
- Ruth Cadet, PGY3, was selected to participate in the inaugural class of Brown’s Pediatric Residency’s International Child Health Track! Ruth also received a full scholarship to attend the upcoming Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics annual meeting!
- Fritz Siegert, PGY4, published an article entitled “Pasteurella Multocida Urinary Tract Infection in a Susceptible Patient with Non-Traumatic Feline Contact” in the Rhode Island Medical Journal!
Visit our categorical programs in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics by clicking the links below.